How We are Keeping You and Your Family Safe During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically impacted the care delivery of dentists around the world. According to the America Dental Association, during the first phase of the pandemic, over 90 percent of dental practices led the way in reducing the spread of the novel coronavirus by closing or electing to only provide urgent and emergency-only services.
The Center of Disease Control has released updated guidelines and states are beginning to lift the stay-at-home order. Though the service and care we provide has always been done in the safest possible manner, following OSHA, and industry protocols, we have established several additional protective measures to reduce the risks posed by the virus.
If you are in need of dental care, you are probably wondering what additional safety precautions we are taking to ensure your well-being during COVID-19.
As states begin to open up and more people are put on the schedule for dental procedures, rest assured that the health and safety of our patients and employees remains our number one priority. Listed below are measures we have in place to safeguard our patients and staff:
- We are continuing to monitor the health of our staff daily by taking temperatures
- All staff will wear required PPE at all times
- We are staggering the use of our treatment areas to minimize social contact and allow for extra cleaning and time between patients
- Though, in many cases, we are expanding treatment options beyond urgent and emergency-only care, treatment is still limited and some procedures have been modified to help eliminate the risk of COVID-19 spreading
- We are pre-screening patients via phone before every appointment, and screening upon arrival
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the waiting room at any given time and are requiring the use of a mask
- We will provide you with liquid hand sanitizer upon arrival and ask you to rinse your mouth our with mouthwash before any treatment
- We have forms available online to minimize your time and social contact during the check-in process
- After your care is completed, we will walk you to the door and help you schedule any necessary follow-up care
- Any transaction will be handled at the end of each visit; we encourage credit card transactions to limit social contact; if paying cash, we will gather the transaction at the front desk in a plastic baggie to limit contact
- Your receipt will be mailed to you after the transaction is complete
We take the health of our communities very seriously, which is why 70 percent of our practices stayed open and continued providing emergency care through the pandemic – to not only provide care to those who needed it most, but to help alleviate pressure on the local emergency rooms and reduce the spread of the virus.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.